THE WORST INTERVIEW

 It was 28th Aug 2022,I knew I was having an interview scheduled today,

but what I didn't knew was that GMail sucks,

The company sent a mail a day before about the details of the interview and timing which was supposed to be at 2pm on 28th.

But my very smart Gmail and Google calendar, sent me a notification that the interview is scheduled at 7.30pm evening.

Thankfully, the company sent me a reminding mail 15 mins before the interview. So I was able to join the interview, but wait it's just the beginning...

The clouds started bursting out loud, made my network slow, and never the less the interview told me that there's a lot of background noise, so I thought ,let's change the earphone ,but that didn't work, So I started giving it on loud speaker.

Now, the interviewer started asking questions, I was trying my best to answer them correctly, There were some questions that I was not able to answer as I was not well revised, then he gave me a coding question in the chat, but I was not able to access the chat, as I've signed in as a guest user in Teams, So he started telling me the question, and I started writing on Notepad. 

He told to do it on an online IDE, like codechef, I started doing the code, I was left with a semicolon, and I was not able to find thee error, as I the error message was not a compilation error, but something new that I haven't handled before, So I got stuck there, 

Then he gave me another question ,I was very confident and sure to solve it, but suddenly out of no where my curly bracket'}' key on the keyboard stopped working. I was surprised ,I didn't knew what to do, then I started copying and pasting the curly brackets, it was working fine until I found out that the 'V' is also not working.

I thought may be it's the issue of codechef, so I switched to LeetCode play ground, there also it was not working, So I told them mmy problem, they suggested me to use the virtual keyboard, So I coded the problem perfectly, but yet LeetCode was giving me some error, I tried and tried but that didn't worked, So I asked to try code on an installed IDE, it was VScode , it showed me an error that I'm sharing my screen so the output can't be displayed, then I switched to IntelliJ, and finally it worked, but I think now it was too late.

One of the interviewer had already gone to take another interview, as I can't send him the code on chat, so I sent him on his mail. 

The interview experience was very worse for me, as my family members were also shouting during the interview though I've already told them  that I'll be having an exam.

Perhaps, I hope "Everything happens for a good reason" this proverb turns out to be true. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technical Review